Friday, December 4, 2009

He Said, " The front door will be done before winter, or I will go crazy." She, smiled while looking out the window at the snow.

Last weekend Mark and Adam insulated and vapor barriered the main room (Thank you Lisa for letting us borrow your husband on your Golden 30th birthday weekend). I almost cried tears of joy! But Adam said "Don't cry til after the sheetrock!" So I went to Menard's and ordered the sheetrock, it was delivered on Tuesday. (Which paying for delivery is almost an extravagant expenditure in the Stankey mind) Mark prepped the rest of the room on Thursday and now everything is ready to sheetrock this weekend. There is no longer a 5-10 drop in temperature when you enter the room-pretty amazing.

So last night as Mark and I stood in our dark main room, Mark said "I'm putting the new front door in before winter! It will drive me crazy if it doesn't get done." I smiled and gave him a hug. It wasn't until today that I realized that it was 27 degrees yesterday and we had a light dusting of snow. When does winter really begin? I guess in a room that no longer feels like winter it hasn't begun. :)

No comments: